Terms and conditions
- The terms and conditions herein are applicable to the Wi-Fi Service provided by Mauritius Telecom (“Service”).
- Mauritius Telecom may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions.
- The Service allows the Customer to access the Internet and send/receive data through Wi-Fi Hotspots installed by Mauritius Telecom.
- The Customer may utilise the service for a limited period of time, after which, the Customer will automatically be logged-out of the Service.
- The Customer acknowledges and agrees that Mauritius Telecom may, at any time, impose general limits or thresholds concerning use of the Service including the number of times that the Customer may access the Service or the amount of data that the Customer may upload or download using the Service.
Using the Service
- Each Hotspot location can only support a limited number of users accessing the service at any one time. Mauritius Telecom does not warrant or represent that the Customer will be able to access and/or use the Hotspot immediately or each time the Customer visit a Hotspot.
- The speed and throughput of each Hotspot will vary depending on a number of factors, including but not limited to: the capabilities of the wireless enabled device of the Customer; hotspot user traffic during time of access, general internet congestion, wireless signal interference building structure, building material, or artificial barriers, electrical or electromechanical interference, and/or weather conditions.
- Mauritius Telecom will use reasonable endeavours to provide the Customer with a reliable, stable and secure access to the Service but, does not promise that the access to the Service will be continuous, fault-free, secure or accessible.
User Obligations and Limitations
- The service is intended to be used in a fair and "community-minded" manner. To this end, Mauritius Telecom may, in its absolute and sole discretion, limit or block certain websites and/or content that the Customer may seek to access whilst using the Hotspot. Without limiting its rights, Mauritius Telecom may block or limit access to websites and/or content that Mauritius Telecom considers are not "family friendly" or may bring negative exposure or harm to Mauritius Telecom's reputation and/or brand.
Suspension and Termination
- Mauritius Telecom reserves the right to terminate the Customer’s account at any time due to breach or non-compliance of any of these terms and conditions and/or the terms and conditions referred to above which are applicable and binding on the Customer at all times.
- Mauritius Telecom reserves the right at its absolute discretion to discontinue and/or suspend the Service whether in whole or in part without any liability whatsoever to the Customer.
- Whilst Mauritius Telecom will use reasonable endeavours to provide secure access through this Service, it cannot guarantee the security of the Service at all times. The customer is solely responsible for any information or data uploaded, downloaded or otherwise communicated via the Service and is responsible for keeping all usernames, passwords and other security-based information secure and private at all times.
- The Customer hereby authorises Mauritius Telecom/Orange to use the data provided by the Customer and other related information in order to improve on the Service provided and for marketing purposes.
- These Terms and Conditions and any pages via which the Customer access a Hotspot may contain material which is subject to intellectual property rights, including copyright. The Customer acknowledges and agrees that Mauritius Telecom either owns or licences all such intellectual property rights and that nothing in these Terms and Conditions constitutes a transfer of any intellectual property rights to you.
- To the extent necessary, Mauritius Telecom grants the Customer a non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable licence to access and use the Service and any related intellectual property rights, subject to these Terms and Conditions.
Limitation of Liability
- Your access to and use of this service is entirely at the Customer’s own risk, Mauritius Telecom makes no warranties or representations as to the accessibility, security, stability or reliability of this Service and Mauritius Telecom specifically disclaims any liability or responsibility for any Hotspot faults, failures or interruptions or the accuracy, timeliness, completeness, security or reliability of any communications (including, without limitation, any transactions) made using the Service.